1K Studios, a leading design firm for entertainment and publishing industries, is looking for a talented, professional Senior Web Developer to work on cutting-edge products including mobile apps, games, websites and rich media. This position will collaborate with other team members to translate client’s business goals into innovative solutions with a passion for pushing the boundaries with new developments in technology.
This position is full-time in our Burbank offices and is eligible for medical benefits and 401K.
• Design, develop and test web designs and applications.
• Write efficient, scalable, clean and well-structured front-end and back-end code. Maintain the highest coding standards and best practices by keeping up with the latest web development standards.
• Prepare accurate documentation throughout phrases of assigned projects.
• Collaborate regularly with stakeholders to ensure projects meet requirements.
• Assist in evaluating technology vendors, contractors, and software products.
• Provide meticulous attention to detail when working with art directors and integrating media assets such as designs, motion graphics, videos, and sounds.
• Utilize analytical thinking combined with strong problem solving skills.
• Demonstrate ability to deliver outstanding results on a deadline and under pressure.
• Proactively handle other matters related to web development.
• Train and mentor other team members.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 7+ years experience in software development and testing.
• 5+ years in web development.
• Proficient with HTML5. Experience with the differences between HTML4 and HTML5, and their limitations with browsers. Experience with cross-browser and cross-resolution compatibility including all major desktop, mobile and tablet browsers.
• Proficient with animations, visual effects, graphic transitions/manipulations on front-end (HTML5 canvas, SVG, advanced layout, DOM manipulation, etc.) is a big plus.
• Proficient with back-end technologies: .NET, Java, Python, PHP, Ruby, JSON, etc.
• Experience designing and managing databases such as MySQL, Oracle, etc.
• Fluent in writing OOP code and using MVC frameworks.
• Familiar with Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, etc.).
• Familiar with development process (source control cvs/svn/git, documentations, testing/staging/deployment/production, etc.)
• Bachelor in Computer Science / Tech related fields, or Design / Media related majors with programming education on the side.
• Organized, detail-oriented, proactive and a self-starter.
• Please provide links to portfolio (at least 3 sites/products/services) that demonstrates your passion for visual aesthetics and interactive features using HTML/CSS/JS animations.
• Experience with MacOS/Linux, command line interface, and scripting.
• Experience building and managing CMS such as Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress, etc.
• Experience with e-commerce systems.